Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How Do They Do It?!

Hey guys! How've you been?

Things have been pretty hectic in my world! As you guys know, I'm working on a novel and I've started a writing class to help guide me along. I know it's not necessary to take a class, but to be honest I need the deadlines to keep me going! The class is definitely time-consuming but I am having a blast :) Unfortunately it means blogging here has fallen off my radar somewhat, but I will be starting a writing blog to document that process so I hope you guys will check it out once I get it going!

In other news, I got a second tattoo a few weeks ago :) I got my first one when I was 18 and I swore I would never EVER do it again because it hurts!! But then I fell in love with this design and just could not get it out of my head, so I finally went ahead and got it done. Surprisingly this one barely hurt at all and my friend and the tattoo artist both did a great job of distracting me while I was getting it done. I am soooo happy to have it after a year of thinking about, and every time I look down at my wrist I smile :)


I've had a few "How do they do it" moments in the last week.

My first is how do you guys stay on top of your blogging?! I know a lot of you have full-time jobs, families to take care, and of course spend a lot of time working out and training for various events, yet you still post on a regular basis! I also have to admit that I've been going through a "I have no idea what to blog about" phase. I feel as though you've all heard my half-marathon training ramblings and that's all that's going on with me on the workout front lately!

I also had to get up at 4:45 to fit my workout in on Friday and you guys, it was brutal!!! Again, I know some of you do this every single day and I'm in awe of you. I was a mess the rest of the day and could barely focus at work.  I guess it's something you get used to if you have to but I sure am grateful I have time to exercise after work rather than trying to fit it in in the morning!

Do you have any tattoos?
How do fit blogging into your schedule?
How do you feel about early morning workouts?

14 comments:

  1. 1. Only in my dreams.

    2. Still working on it. Right now, it takes up a whole lot of time. This is OK right now, but won't be for much longer.

    3. LOVE. I am a morning person. I want to workout, do my most focus-requiring projects, and clean first thing in the morning. But I think it's really hard if you don't do it regularly...my husband has been keeping a bit of a later schedule for work lately, so I've started staying up with him - which then means I get up late. On the mornings I TRY to get up early, it is, as you say, brutal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you have to make it habit to make it bearable! And it must be hard when you have to stay up late to spend time with your husband.

      Delete
  2. Yay for novel running? How is the Plantar Faciitis going?? I'm in the pain all the time! Glad too see you blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for novel writing** auto correct!! ahh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your auto-correct must know you well if it changes things to "running" :P The PF is still there, but at least it's not getting any worse. So sorry to hear you're in so much pain :( Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  4. No tattoos for me.

    I'm not great at fitting blogging in my schedule. Some weeks, I post 3-4 times and sometimes once. I wish I had a set schedule. Unfortunately, it tends to get pushed aside easily. I don't know how some people do it!

    I dread morning workouts. I'm not a morning person at all, and evening workouts are the only ones that really work for me. Well, I make an exception for my long runs, but I'm meeting a group so it makes it tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to juggle everything, and since blogging is just a hobby it gets pushed aside easily for me too. I definitely work out best in the evening too!

      Delete
  5. 1- I do! I have three tattoos :) I really like your new one!

    2 - I tend to write posts in bits and pieces when I've got time during my lunch break at work or to take a mental break from studying. Of course, when I'm in the middle of working on a uni paper, I tend to drop off the face of the earth for a few days. I just try to pick up where I left off.

    3 - I'm getting used to getting up for early workouts because I LOVE having my exercise all done before my work day at the office starts. I do struggle in the evening though; I'm often too tired to focus on my uni reading. Trying to think of a solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) What are you tattoos of?

      I remember the days of working full-time and being in school - it is rough! I used to do a lot of reading on the elliptical :P

      Delete
  6. I love your tattoo! It's so pretty. I do have one on my ankle.

    I watch 3 kiddos in my home daycare, so I usually write my blog and workout during naptime! I have them on a schedule, and they usually sleep around 3 hours. Of course there are days when that just doesn't happen, and that's ok.
    I have no idea how mom's do it, while working full time!
    There's just no way I could wake up at 4:45 to workout- you're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Wow, you run a daycare? I could not imagine looking after 3 kids all day so I totally admire you for that!

      Delete
    2. It's really not bad, and once they all go home, I get peace and quiet! (Since I don't have kids of my own)

      Delete
  7. There is only one tattoo I want and I have not earned it yet. Love yours!

    I blog weekly, usually on the weekend when I have more time. My kids are older and drive so I usually have time.

    I am a morning girl, waking up at 5:30 to swim at the Ottawa U pool or run on the treadmill for now and outside when I can in the summer. I like to know it is done and in the bank when I start my day, sometime my day goes sideways and an evening workout is not always possible. I have been known to get up at 4:30 to get a long run in on a Sunday if I have family stuff on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you earn your tattoo someday!
      Kudos to you for getting up so early every day, and getting up at 4:30 on a weekend?! That is dedication :)

      Delete